09 January 2009

From Old Peter

For views over Munich from the city centre, you can choose between the tower of the City Hall, one of the Cathedral towers and the tower of St Peter's. Yesterday I finally managed to get both myself and my camera to the top of St Peter's. I didn't stay long - just long enough for my fingers to freeze as I took some photographs.

The classic view with the Cathedral in the centre and the City Hall to the right - roughly North West.


Looking South, the city was obscured by the haze. The twin towers belong to Maximilianskirche and the spire - I think - is Mariahilfkirche.


Looking East, beyond the roof of St Peter's is Heilig Geist Kirche and in the centre the Old City Hall, now the home of the Toy Museum.


Looking North, in the centre beyond the City Hall is Theatinerkirche in Odeonsplatz with Ludwigskirche further in the distance on Ludwigstrasse.

No comments: